понедельник, 13 февраля 2012 г.

Ozzie Guillen prematurely posted move to Marlins on his website

Let me first start off by saying this is a very hard day for me and my family. Over the past eight seasons there was no place I would have rather been than the city of Chicago managing the White Sox. I grew up professionally with that organization and have incredible memories during the 22 years I spent with the Sox. They gave me my first opportunities to both play and manage in the big leagues, and we were able to bring a World Series championship back to the city of Chicago for the first time in 88 years. My greatest moment as a manager was the night I got to hand the World Series trophy to Mr. Jerry Reinsdorf because I knew that it was a dream of his to be able to hold it and call it his own. That’s something no one will ever be able to take away from us.
During the last eight years I also had the privilege to manage some great players and want to thank them for playing hard every single day. I want to also thank the great coaches, front office staff, and Minor League department for all their hard work. You cannot consistently win and be in contention every year without those people doing a good job.
Chicago will ALWAYS be my home and I will forever love the fans for the support they have shown me and my family throughout my career, and I look forward to that continuing in the future. I made no secret that my desire was always to spend my entire managerial career with the White Sox, but there comes a point when you need to move on, and that point has come. The Florida Marlins believe I am the right man for the job to bring another World Series to South Florida. And just as it has always been with me, winning is my only mission.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий